PRHS Distance Learning Details (Grades 7-12)
Distance Learners Update-Grades 7-12
Pick up/drop off materials/school work
(Distance Learners AND/OR those using strictly paper copies)
Location: High School Commons 1 (Door #1)
Mondays from 3:00- 6:00 pm
Tuesdays from 7:00-7:40 am
Teachers will notify distance learners when they need to stop in to pick up and/or drop off supplemental material
Students who are distance learners without internet should stop in every week to:
- pick up any new work or supplies
- drop off work from the previous week
School will look different than it did last spring.
There will be a variety of learning models based on the COVID-19 trends in our area:
- In-person Learning (at school)
- 4 days/week physically in the classroom getting instruction Periods 1-7
- Hybrid Learning (students in grades 7-12 will begin the school year in this learning model)
- 2 days/week physically in the classroom getting instruction Periods 1-7
- 2 days/week at home virtually in the classroom (via Zoom) Periods 1-7
- Distance Learning (virtual from home)
- 4 days/week virtually in the classroom (via Zoom) Periods 1-7
- Devices will be distributed prior to the start of school (details will be posted on the District website).
- This learning option is available to families throughout the school year regardless of what learning model the District is in.
- Students may change to/from distance learning during academic breaks (quarterly for PRHS students). Exceptions need approval from building principals.
Expectations for grade 7-12 students in all learning models:
- All students will have the same class schedule and receive the same instruction each day whether they are learning at school or from home.
- All classes will be taught virtually so students learning from home can ‘attend live’ via Zoom.
- All students will be required to attend their classes, participate in discussions and complete assignments each day.
- Daily attendance will be taken for all students and regular attendance policies will apply.
- Class attendance and participation will be 25% of the class grade.
There will be technology sessions the first week of school for all students designed to help them learn to:
- operate in Google Classroom (including how to access and turn in assignments).
- contact teachers using Google Hangout.
- log on to Zoom (video communications) for virtual (from home) learning.
Daily Class Schedule (for all learning models)
Period 1 7:55 - 8:55 am
Period 2 8:59 - 9:55 am
Period 3 9:59 - 10:55 am
Period 4 10:59 - 11:55 am (Sr. High)
Period 4 11:29 - 12:25 pm (Jr. High)
Period 5 12:29 - 1:25 pm
Period 6 1:29 - 2:25 pm
Period 7 2:29 - 3:25 pm
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISTANCE LEARNERS
The following forms need to be completed:
Once the forms are completed and submitted to the office you will be able to pick-up your device at the Pelican Rapids High School (front of building) on Wednesday, September 2, from 12:00-7:00pm. If you are unable to pick it up on this day please contact Emily Evenson (contact information below).
If you do not have access to the internet for Distance Learning and/or printing the Enrollment Form and Distance Learning Contract please call or email Emily Evenson to set up paper copy pick-up/drop-off. firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-863-5910 x4445