World's Best Workforce/Achievement & Integration
What is the World’s Best Workforce?
The WBWF bill was enacted to ensure every school district in the state is making strides to increase student performance. Each district must develop a plan that addresses the following five goals:
- All children are ready for school.
- All third-graders can read at grade level.
- All racial and economic achievement gaps between students are closed.
- All students are ready for career and college.
- All students graduate from high school.
Achievement and Integration Program
The purpose of the Achievement and Integration (A & I) program is to:
- pursue racial and economic integration
- increase student achievement
- create equitable educational opportunities
- reduce academic disparities based on students' diverse racial, ethnic, and economic backgrounds in Minnesota public schools