Employment Opportunities with Pelican Rapids Public Schools
Please fill out the attached application form and return to the District office if you are interested a support staff position in the Pelican Rapids School District.
Substitute Teachers and Non-Certified Positions (Paraprofessional, Custodial)
Contact Barb Ripley if interested in subbing opportunities at email@example.com or 218-863-5910 ext. 4326.
Food Service Substitutes
Working in a fast-paced environment with some lifting. Contact Trudy Gorton at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Kulsrud at email@example.com if interested.
Reading and Math Tutors for Viking Elementary
Make a difference in your community and join our team as a reading or math tutor. Viking Elementary is looking for reading and math tutors to give their time and talent to help our kids become successful readers and learners.
Tutors work one-on-one or in small groups with students during school hours throughout the school year. No matter if you’re a recent grad, career changers, stay-at-home parent or retiree, you can make a great tutor. No experience? No problem. Minnesota Reading and Math Corps provides comprehensive training in strategies proven to help students learn, so tutors are well equipped to help students grow.
Perks as A Tutor • Receive a stipend every two weeks • Earn up to $3,000 for college tuition or student loans. Tutors 55 and older may gift the award to their child, grandchild, stepchild or foster child. • Free health insurance and child care assistance for those who qualify Ready to be the change for struggling students? Learn more at ReadingAndMath.net. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218.422.6017.
School Age Child Care Worker Job Description
Student Helper Level
The School Child Care Worker will maintain a safe and stimulating environment for young children.
Must be at least 16 years old Preferred:
First aid/CPR Certification
Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the children and program
Knowledge of child development theories and practices
Knowledge of safe and appropriate activities for children
Experience working in a childhood setting
Experience working with parents and children
Experience working with families with diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Assist in the creation of a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
1. Perform duties as planned under the leadership of the Coordinator or a PARA
2. Interact with the children in a way which conveys respect and nurturing
3. Support the social and emotional development of children
4. It will be the child care provider’s responsibility to play with children; this will often mean getting down on the floor to interact with them
5. Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the development levels of the children as planned by the Coordinator or a PARA
6. Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials appropriate for the school age care program
7. Maintain a safe environment based on safety standards set by the program
8. Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the child care rooms at the end of the day, as well as putting away any outside equipment
9. Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating and contributing information on a continuous basis
10. Maintain open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child’s family and encourage their involvement in the program
11. Continue professional development through attending workshops, conferences, and other staff development
12. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible
13. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Coordinator
The non-certified application can be turned in to Emily Evenson at the elementary school or can be submitted by email.
Looking for someone available on Mondays as well as occasional after school hours.
Position is open until filled.