PRHS (Grades 7-12)
SCHEDULE CHANGE EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1
Students in all learning models need to follow the daily schedule shown below:
Schedule December 1 - 4:
*New Start Time Begins December 1
New Daily Schedule
8:25am - 3:25pm
• Bus Routes 30 minutes later
• Breakfast 8:05 - 8:20
• Period 1 8:25 - 9:19
• Period 2 9:23 - 10:15
• Period 3 10:19 - 11:11
• JH Lunch 11:11 - 11:41
• SH Period 4 11:15 - 12:07
• JH Period 4 11:45 - 12:37
• SH Lunch 12:07 - 12:37
• Period 5 12:41 - 1:33
• Period 6 1:37 - 2:29
• Period 7 2:33 - 3:25
Tues. 12/1 Viking Orange
Wed. 12/2 Viking Black
Thurs. 12/3 Viking Orange
Fri. 12/4 Viking Black
What To Know at PRHS – Week 2
SCHOOL DAY ATTENDANCE EXPECTATIONS
-All students need to follow the normal school day schedule and attend all classes regardless of what learning model they are in.
-Distance and virtual (at home) learning students are FULL TIME students. Attendance policies are the same as “regular” school regardless of where the student is learning from (in school or at home).
IMPORTANT - A supervising adult needs to call the school office at 218-863-5910 if a child misses a class (or classes) for the following reasons:
#1 - ABSENCES
- planned (Doctor appointment- a doctor’s note will need to be emailed or dropped off at school office)
- unplanned (child is ill or in quarantine)
#2 – NORMAL ILLNESS
If a student is at home because of an illness we still want them to attend class via Zoom if they are able.
IMPORTANT - The only time a supervising adult would need to call the school office in this situation is if the student:
- changes learning models - was supposed to be ‘in-person’ learning at school that day and is attending virtually (we do this to make sure parents are aware of the situation)
- is NOT connecting via Zoom with a class (or classes)
#3 – ZOOM CONNECTION FAILURES
If the student is unable to get connected to a class via Zoom due to a:
- connection issue
- the student should contact the teacher for that class immediately via Google Hangout, explain what is happening AND continue trying to connect
- computer problem (something is wrong with their device)
- the student should contact the Student/Parent Technology Support (help desk)
IMPORTANT – A supervising adult should call the school office if the:
- student is unable to make contact with the teacher.
- device is broken and the student needs to come in for a replacement.
- home internet is down
#4 – COVID-19 QUARANTINE
If a student is at home because they are waiting on the results of COVID-19 testing and they are feeling fine we expect them to attend all of their classes virtually via Zoom.
IMPORTANT – A supervising adult needs to call the school office and inform the school nurse (who will inform the teachers that the student will be doing distance learning during this time).
MN Dept of Health COVID-19 Resources:
IMPORTANT – MDH guidelines require that those in quarantine stay home so they do not potentially spread COVID-19 to others.
PRHS DAILY SCHEDULE
- All students need to follow the normal school day schedule and attend all classes regardless of what learning model they are in.
Hybrid students follow the normal schedule and attend all classes:
- at school on ‘in-person’ days
- virtually via Zoom on ‘at home’ days
Distance Learners also follow the normal school day schedule and attend all classes:
- virtually via Zoom at home
Distance and virtual (at home) learning students are FULL TIME students. They should treat their virtual (on-line) learning just like they are physically going to class.
- All virtual learners should sign into Zoom and request to enter the class 4 minutes before the class start time.
- The teacher will begin teaching 5 minutes after the class start time and may choose to not allow anyone into Zoom once they have started teaching.
Schedule below effective from Sept. 8 - Nov. 25
Students in grades 7-12 will start the 2020-21 school year in the HYBRID LEARNING MODEL.
School will look different than it did last spring.
There will be a variety of learning models based on the COVID-19 trends in our area:
- In-person Learning (at school)
- 4 days/week physically in the classroom getting instruction Periods 1-7
- Hybrid Learning
- 2 days/week physically in the classroom getting instruction Periods 1-7
- 2 days/week at home virtually in the classroom (via Zoom) Periods 1-7
- Distance Learning (virtual from home)
- 4 days/week virtually in the classroom (via Zoom) Periods 1-7
- Devices will be distributed prior to the start of school (details will be posted on the District website).
- This learning option is available to families throughout the school year regardless of what learning model the District is in.
- Students may change to/from distance learning during academic breaks (quarterly for PRHS students). Exceptions need approval from building principals.
Expectations for grade 7-12 students in all learning models:
- All students will have the same class schedule and receive the same instruction each day whether they are learning at school or from home.
- All classes will be taught virtually so students learning from home can ‘attend live’ via Zoom.
- All students will be required to attend their classes, participate in discussions and complete assignments each day.
- Daily attendance will be taken for all students and regular attendance policies will apply.
- Class attendance and participation will be 25% of the class grade.
There will be technology sessions the first week of school for all students designed to help them learn to:
- operate in Google Classroom (including how to access and turn in assignments).
- contact teachers using Google Hangout.
- log on to Zoom (video communications) for virtual (from home) learning.
Daily Class Schedule (for all learning models)
Period 1 7:55 - 8:55 am
Period 2 8:59 - 9:55 am
Period 3 9:59 - 10:55 am
Period 4 10:59 - 11:55 am (Sr. High)
Period 4 11:29 - 12:25 pm (Jr. High)
Period 5 12:29 - 1:25 pm
Period 6 1:29 - 2:25 pm
Period 7 2:29 - 3:25 pm
During HYBRID LEARNING students will be split into two groups: VIKING ORANGE & VIKING BLACK
- Monthly calendars of VIKING ORANGE & VIKING BLACK days are posted below.
- The Hybrid Learning Model is an every other day schedule (vs. a schedule based on days of the week).
- Hybrid Learning Day Assignments (groups) are posted on Skyward in the “Message Center”.
- Students will receive an email from Mrs. Siebels, PRHS School Counselor with detailed information.
If your child has a question regarding their Skyward account, schedule, etc. they should email Mrs. Siebels at firstname.lastname@example.org .