Pelican Rapids Public Schools is committed to providing a variety of high-quality academic, arts, and athletic programs in a unique rural setting.
We believe that education is a partnership between student, family, school, and community and that our:
- students are our top priority
- highly qualified staff provide a positive and rigorous learning environment for academic excellence
- diversity provides students with a unique advantage
- students are prepared for career, college, and lifelong learning
- Community engagement
- Educate the whole child
- Increase student enrollment
- Sound and transparent financial practices
- 75% of students are ready for kindergarten based on teacher assessment.
- 75% of 3rd graders show a 50 SGP (Student Growth Percentile) from their fall STAR reading test to the spring STAR reading test.
- Decrease the achievement gap of our free and reduced students by 5%.
- Increase graduates attending postsecondary to 60%.
- Increase the District’s graduation rate to 95%.