Pelican Rapids School District COVID-19 Guidelines
Updated May 31, 2022
Close Contact Guidelines
Close contacts will have the option to:
1. Wearing a mask for 10 days and watch for symptoms.
2. Quarantine at home for 5 days and test before returning with a well fitted mask from day 6-10. days (excused absences). Teacher will provide homework like any other illness.
Positive Covid-19 Test
Remain isolated at home for 5 days from the test date or onset of symptoms.
*Isolation means = Zero contact, no sharing of living spaces (bathroom, kitchen, etc.)
- Day 6-10 may return wearing a well fitted mask.
- If still having symptoms after 5 days, please remain home until symptom free for 24hrs.
If vaccinated and living with someone who has a confirmed positive case of Covid-19:
- Quarantine is not required
- Mask wearing is required for 10 days and continue to watch for symptoms
If unvaccinated and living with someone who has a confirmed positive case of Covid-19:
- Able to isolate from the positive case,
- May return with the requirement of wearing a well fitted mask for 10 days from last exposure
- Unable to isolate yourself from the positive case, test on day 5 from exposure
- With a negative result, return to class and wear a well fitted mask for 10 days from exposure.
If being tested or waiting for COVID-19 test results:
Contact the school
Stay home until the results are verified