Pelican Rapids Community
Located in Otter Tail County, Pelican Rapids is home to Maplewood State Park, many lakes, unique shops, agriculture, and beautiful countryside. More than 2,400 residents call Pelican Rapids home and help create a community that supports each other. Major employers include Lake Region Electric Cooperative, West Central Turkeys, and Pelican Rapids Schools.
Pelican Rapids Public Schools
Pelican Rapids Public Schools is committed to every student. Our staff embraces each student's unique talents, background, and needs. We thrive on Viking Pride and believe our high academic standards, award-winning arts and academics, rich cultural diversity, and state-of-the-art facilities make Pelican Rapids a great place to learn for life. Discover what makes Pelican Rapids special!
We serve Pelican Rapids, Erhard, and surrounding areas.
910 students preschool-12th grade
- Viking Elementary (Preschool - 6th Grade)
- Pelican Rapids High School (7th Grade - 12th Grade)
Why Pelican Rapids?
- Viking Elementary is a Minnesota School of Excellence
- Pelican Rapids High School consistently has graduation rates above state average
Supported by the Community
- Residents of our district support referendum levies
- School volunteerism is high among parents and community volunteers
- Local businesses take pride and interest in the work of Viking students
High Quality Educators and Staff
- Regular staff development opportunities keep staff engaged in the most effective teaching strategies
- Investments in high quality technology and supplies support high level learning
- Alternative compensation programs provide teachers with ongoing professional development
- Teacher mentorship programs support the development of new and veteran teachers
- Professional Learning Communities and Building Leadership Groups offer teachers time and structure to review data and plan diverse student learning opportunities