Children’s growth and development is supported in a positive learning environment through a variety of services, which include:
- Early learning: Children’s readiness for school and beyond is fostered through individualized learning experiences. Through relationships with adults, play, and planned and spontaneous instruction, children grow in many aspects of development. Children progress in social skills and emotional well-being, along with language and literacy learning, and concept development.
- Health: Each child’s perceptual, motor, and physical development is supported to permit them to fully explore and function in their environment. All children receive health and development screenings, nutritious meals, oral health and mental health support. Programs connect families with medical, dental, and mental health services to ensure that children are receiving the services they need.
- Family well-being: Parents and families are supported in achieving their own goals, such as housing stability, continued education, and financial security. Programs support and strengthen parent-child relationships and engage families around children’s learning and development.
Parent Aware Rating
The Pelican Rapids district preschool programs have been approved for another Parent Aware Four Star Rating! This is the highest rating possible and is valid for two years!
Head Start programs promote school readiness of children ages birth to five from low-income families by supporting the development of the whole child.
We are accepting registrations for the 2021-22 school year. Please get your child(ren) registered now as it helps us plan staffing for the upcoming year!
Pelican Rapids Head Start Staff:
- Deb Lontz - Head Start Teacher
- Carrie Harthun - Head Start Teacher
- Kristy Batson - Head Start Lead Assistant
- Veronica Martinez - Head Start Teacher Assistant
- Adriana Robles - Head Start Teacher Assistant
Contact us with any questions:
Carrie Harthun - (218) 770-9232
Deb Lontz - (218) 770-8858
The Head Start program in Pelican Rapids is part of the West Central MN Communities Action (WCMCA). Head Start Preschool classes are held at Viking Elementary.