A child is ready for kindergarten when he/she:
- is at least 5 years of age by September 1 of the child's enrollment year
- has received early childhood screening
- has received medically acceptable immunizations.
Each child develops and demonstrates knowledge and skills differently as described in learning and academic standards. These include:
- math/science/social studies (cognitive)
- the arts
- language/literacy/communcation domains.
The early years of a child's life are crucial in creating a foundation for life-long learning and success. Our kindergarten teachers are prepared to support and respond to the wide range of experiences and competencies that each child arrives to kindergarten with!