Welcome to our
Head Start Preschool Program!!
Head Start programs promote school readiness of children ages birth to five from low-income families by supporting the development of the whole child.
Children’s growth and development is supported in a positive learning environment through a variety of services, which include:
- Early learning: Children’s readiness for school and beyond is fostered through individualized learning experiences. Through relationships with adults, play, and planned and spontaneous instruction, children grow in many aspects of development. Children progress in social skills and emotional well-being, along with language and literacy learning, and concept development.
- Health: Each child’s perceptual, motor, and physical development is supported to permit them to fully explore and function in their environment. All children receive health and development screenings, nutritious meals, oral health and mental health support. Programs connect families with medical, dental, and mental health services to ensure that children are receiving the services they need.
- Family well-being: Parents and families are supported in achieving their own goals, such as housing stability, continued education, and financial security. Programs support and strengthen parent-child relationships and engage families around children’s learning and development.
The Head Start program in Pelican Rapids is part of the West Central MN Communities Action (WCMCA).
The preschool classes are held at Viking Elementary.
Pelican Rapids Head Start Staff:
- Deb Lontz - Head Start Teacher
- Carrie Harthun - Head Start Teacher
- Kristy Batson - Head Start Lead Assistant
- Veronica Martinez - Head Start Teacher Assistant
- Adriana Robles - Head Start Teacher Assistant
- Magdalena Salazar - Head Start Classroom Aide
- Felicia Rojas - Head Start Classroom Aide
Carrie - (218) 770-9232
Deb - (218) 770-8858
Here is a comparison sheet of the preschool programs offered at Viking Elementary in Pelican Rapids.