Viking Student Success (VSS) Grades K-6
Tuesday - Thursday 3:15 - 5:15pm
After school snack provided
Please contact your child's teacher if you think your child would benefit from this program.
Registration link: https://forms.gle/i5E1rzZXa8y47hzCA
Questions: contact Marie Cupkie, VSS Coordinator at 218-863-5910 extension 5238 or email@example.com
What is Viking Student Success (VSS)?
Also referred to as VSS, this free and fun extended learning time helps your child build specific skills. This is a Targeted Services program that assists with essential learning outcomes (ELOs) by providing enrichment opportunities and activities that benefit the whole child. VSS is taught by certified teachers.
A Continual Learning Plan (CLP) will be written for each child, outlining the specific needs to be addressed. Goals in the CLP could include the following:
- help finishing assignments
- assistance in the development of reading, math or writing skills
- developing organizational skills
- teaching of social skills
Children can be referred to VSS by teachers, parents, or community service providers. VSS is a prevention program intended to address the needs of young learners before successful graduation is at risk. Learners must meet one of the state-established criteria listed below to qualify for services. (Minnesota Statute 124D.68)
Examples of indicators of need:
- Performs substantially below the performance level for pupils of the same age in a locally determined achievement test
- speaks English as a second language or has limited English proficiency (LEP)
- is behind peers in satisfactorily completing coursework or obtaining credits for graduation
- has been referred by a school district for enrollment in an eligible program or program pursuant to section 124D.69
- other (need exact qualifier as listed in statute: 124D.68 Graduation Incentives Program)