Closure of Testing Windows
Based on the March 25 announcement and Executive Order by Governor Walz, any available open statewide assessments (MCA and MTAS) will close on Friday, March 27, 2020, at 5 p.m. This means that there will be no more MCA and MTAS tests administered for the remainder of the 2019–20 school year.
Since ACCESS testing was completed, results will be available later this Spring.
On Wednesday, March 25th at 2pm, Governor Walz announced two executive orders:
- ‘Stay at home’ for MN residents from March 27 - April 10.
- ‘Distance Learning Period’ from March 30 - May 4.
What does this mean for the students at Pelican Rapids Public Schools?
- School supplies and devices need to be picked up as scheduled
- Teachers will provide distance learning during this time (starting Tuesday, March 31)
- We will continue to prepare and provide meals to school-age children in our area and childcare for essential workers
We will continue to update you on this evolving situation on our the COVID-19 tab of the district website and Pelican Rapids Public Schools Facebook pages.
Click on the link to watch the news release by Governor Walz: