Graduation: our plan is to have graduation...Date/time: TBD
NYC Band Trip: postponed to April 2021 click link for letter from Mr. Fitzsimmons
Closure of Testing Windows
Based on the March 25 announcement and Executive Order by Governor Walz, any available open statewide assessments (MCA and MTAS) will close on Friday, March 27, 2020, at 5 p.m. This means that there will be no more MCA and MTAS tests administered for the remainder of the 2019–20 school year.
Since ACCESS testing was completed, results will be available later this Spring.
Distance learning begins on Tuesday, March 31st and will continue through May 1st.
- Pelican Rapids High School and Viking Elementary School buildings will be closed during this time.
- Meals will be still delivered and Club Vikes will still be open for children of workers deemed essential.
- Please refer to the COVID-19 tab on the district website for detailed distance learning information. Our district Facebook page will also be updated regularly.
- The best form of communication with school staff is email during this time.
On Wednesday, March 25th at 2pm, Governor Walz announced two executive orders:
- ‘Stay at home’ for MN residents from March 27 - April 10.
- ‘Distance Learning Period’ from March 30 - May 4.
What does this mean for the students at Pelican Rapids Public Schools?
- School supplies and devices need to be picked up as scheduled
- Teachers will provide distance learning during this time (starting Tuesday, March 31)
- We will continue to prepare and provide meals to school-age children in our area and childcare for essential workers
We will continue to update you on this evolving situation on our district website https://www.pelicanrapids.k12.mn.us/ and Pelican Rapids Public Schools Facebook pages.
Click on the link to watch the news release by Governor Walz:
Lunch and "next day" breakfast delivery started this week!
Please contact the school office if you want to sign up for the meal delivery OR IF YOU NO LONGER WANT TO RECEIVE THE MEALS. 218-863-5910 (Tues-Fri) 7:30am-3:30pm
If you signed up you can expect delivery on Tuesday-Friday at the following times/locations:
- 11:00am Westfield Apartments (520 3rd St NW)
- 11:15am Riverside Apartments (424 1st Ave NW)
- 11:30am Pelican Trailer Court (4-1/2 Ave NW & 1st ST NW)
- 11:45am Pelican Rapids Townhomes (corner at River Rd & 3rd ST NE)
- 12:00pm Ridgecrest Apartments (curbside at 10th Ave SE & Maplewood Dr)
School pick-up days grades K-6 (parents/guardians only) includes Preschool & Headstart
Please leave your students at home while you pick up their supplies.
- If your last name begins with A - K pick up student's supplies and work on Wednesday, March 25 from 8:00am - 3:00pm
- If your last name begins with L - Z pick up student's supplies and work on Thursday, March 26 from 8:00am - 3:00pm
Locker clean-out/laptop pick up grades 7-12 (students)
We need students to stop at Pelican Rapids High School to clean out lockers (academic and athletic). Seventh and Eighth grade students will have laptops available for pick-up during this time. Students should enter and leave the building through door #1. We will comply with social distancing safety regulations.
- If your last name begins with A - K locker clean-out/laptop pick is Wednesday, March 25 from 8:00am - 3:00pm
- If your last name begins with L - Z locker clean-out/laptop pick is Thursday, March 26 from 8:00am - 3:00pm
Alternate locker clean-out/laptop pick up on Friday, March 27 from 8:00am - 12:00pm
Distance Learning Information
We are committed to meeting the educational needs of each student during the COVID-19 distance learning.
- Letter from VES Principal Nelson (click on link to view)
- Letter from PRHS Principal Korf (click on link to view)
Please let us know if you have children in grades 7-12 and do not have access to the internet at home. Call the office at 218-863-5910 or click here to fill out online: https://forms.gle/DY2sPSm3NYRTeCk66