Pelican Rapids Public Schools has an opening for a 1.0 FTE elementary teacher.
Candidate must have a Minnesota elementary teaching license a dual license of elementary and ELL is preferred. Coaching and extracurricular activities are available.
VES has implemented “The Leader in Me” philosophy believing every child is a leader. Leadership is the ability to communicate the worth and potential so clearly that they begin to see it in themselves. Each student understands the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and they have numerous opportunities to strengthen their leadership skills. This is a very important part of the school’s culture.
Pelican Rapids Area-
Pelican Rapids Public Schools are located in west central Minnesota's lake region. Pelican Rapids community enjoys the picturesque rolling hills and is the center of over 1050 county lakes and next to Maplewood State Park. This setting is perfect for many outdoor recreational options all year long. The community benefits from excellent tourism, industry and agriculture.
Interested candidates should send-
· Letter of Interest
· 3 letters of recommendation
· Copy of license
Dr. Ed Richardson
Pelican Rapids Public Schools
Pelican Rapids, MN 56572
Open until filled
Position title: Literacy Tutor – Minnesota Reading Corps
Further your career with meaning: Grow the skills of children.
You can help children succeed in school by giving them the extra support they need to read. Whether you’re looking to explore a new career in education, reenter the workforce or simply want to work with kids, you can make a direct impact by serving one year as a Minnesota Reading Corps Literacy Tutor at Viking Elementary. 1 Full-time Elementary and 2 part-time Preschool Literacy Tutor positions are available.
Minnesota Reading Corps, the nation’s largest state AmeriCorps program, trains tutors to directly impact over 30,000 children age 3 through grade 3 in schools across Minnesota. As a tutor, you will be trained to implement proven research-based strategies, monitor progress and help children believe in themselves and succeed—all while building your own skills and professional network. Reading Corps has seen real results and is helping catch children up to their peers.
During your eleven-month AmeriCorps service, you’ll receive extensive training, support and general professional development opportunities. In addition, you will receive a modest living allowance of about $484 biweekly (full-time) or about $250 biweekly (part-time), an education award of $5,645 (full-time) or $2,822 (part-time) and other benefits if eligible. Most tutors will begin on the first day of the program year, August 10, 2014. Strong preference is given to applicants who can begin on time. Limited make up trainings will be available to late start tutors.
Elementary Literacy Tutors work one-on-one with K-3 children who need help learning to read. They use prescribed literacy interventions and conduct weekly progress monitoring to ensure their students are on track to read at grade level by the end of third grade. They commit to daytime hours.
· Strong interest in education, specifically helping young children practice reading skills
· Experience working with children, preferably as a literacy tutor
· Dedication to community service
· Computer skills, including the ability to navigate and use online database systems and e-mail
· Speak, read, and write English fluently
· Organized, responsible, flexible, motivated, professional
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to accept and incorporate constructive feedback from coaches and program staff
· Ability to take initiative and work independently
· Ability to commit to 11 months of service (most tutors will begin August 10, 2014)
· High school diploma or GED and must be at least 18-years-old
· As per federal AmeriCorps regulations, you must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident Alien
Please fill out the attached application form and return to the District office if you are interested a support staff position in the Pelican Rapids School District.
Employment Opportunities for Pelican Rapids ISD 548 is currently under construction. Please come back later.